Sunday, June 7, 2009

Painting, Posting & Plein Air

"Inside or Outside"
© 2009 Nancy Laliberte
7" x 5" acrylic on paper, archival mat 11" x 14", unframed
SOLD
I haven't posted much this past week as I was working on some freelance graphic design work (deadlines! deadlines!) and getting all of my gardening and landscaping completed before the rain and cold weather hit over the weekend. I think the daytime temps reached about 50 degrees yesterday and today. This is a painting I did before I got caught up in everything else. It has a light cad orange wash and then I quickly painted in shapes of color. I have trouble with my greens looking too bright, so I concentrated on making them have more yellow and blue undertones. I had some reference photos and I had also just purchased my geraniums (they're all planted now).

Monday I head to Viroqua, WI for a three day plein air painting workshop with Ken DeWaard. Can't wait! We will be starting at 6 am and wrapping up around 9 pm. I will post more on that when I return at the end of the week.

No comments: