Monday, October 19, 2009

Fall Charette with Gingerbread Men


Gingerbread Series I through X
© 2009 Nancy Laliberte
3" x 3" acrylic on canvas
$15 each

Last week, I had the opportunity for a mid-week "charette" with my great painter friend Val Berkely at her Lake Superior "Lake Effect Art Studio" in the UP. We painted morning, noon and night, and talked about art the whole time. We also watched the Georgia O'Keefe and Alfred Stieglitz movie I mentioned in the last post. A video of some sort seems to be a tradition with the charettes. That, and a good glass of wine ;-)

The gingerbread guys were one of the projects I worked on during the charette. I used the opportunity to work on some color and brush techniques. The gingerbread guys were simply a means to an end. Yes, I "used" them and now I am sending them on their way! Half are going to the Center for Visual Arts gift gallery in Wausau and the other half are headed to the Riverfront Art Center's gift gallery show in Stevens Point. If you are interested in a purchase, they come complete with gold ribbon for hanging, stop in the galleries or send me an email and I can let the galleries know.

No comments: