Monday, October 12, 2009

Oak Leaves with Acorn

"Oak Leaves with Acorn"
© Nancy Laliberte
28" x 22" acrylic on canvas
$350

This painting was inspired by my love of Georgia O'Keefe's work, and a video about Thomas Hart Benton. Huh? Georgia O'Keefe and Thomas Hart Benton? Well, I really love the artwork from the early 20th century, the WPA murals, and every so often I digress.

Did any of you catch the recent show on Lifetime about Georgia O'Keefe and Alfred Stieglitz? I loved all of the scenes that showed her artwork! I had the wonderful opportunity to visit the O'Keefe museum twice in 1998 and also go to Abiquiu and Ghost Ranch.

I am fortunate to have a public library that has a lot of art history videos, and the one about Thomas Hart Benton was fantastic! Check out your local library and see what they have to offer. You may be pleasantly surprised.

keep your brushes wet,
N

No comments: