Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Family Tree & Elmo Saves Christmas

"Family Tree IV"
©2009 Nancy Laliberte
7" x 5" acrylic on paper
Matted and framed with an archival soft white mat and natural gallery frame
$85

Available at the Center for Visual Arts, Wausau, WI (715.842.4545)

Thanksgiving Blessings to you and your friends and families. I am thankful for the opportunity to do what I have always wanted to do: be an artist and paint! And I am thankful to all you who check out my blog and support me in my creative endeavors. ;-)

Elmo Saves Christmas!
This past Monday I helped my friend Kris decorate a tree for our area Festival of Trees event. This is a great cause as it benefits the area hospice organization. This year Kris came up with "Elmo Saves Christmas." Even my kids got into it by donating a pair of Elmo slippers, an Elmo doll and an Elmo car. Another dear friend, Suzanne, scored some great Elmo books and CDs to stuff the gift baskets. If you are in the Wausau area, check out the event! It is taking place at the Stoney Creek Conference Center near the Cedar Creek Mall (exit 185 off of I-39/Hwy 51). And bid on our tree, too!

No comments: