Sunday, January 6, 2013

"O Tannenbaum" and Creative Journaling classes

"O Tannenbaum" 
© Nancy Laliberte
mixed media creative journal page

Another creative outlet for me – combining my love of drawing, painting, stamping, collaging and whatever else just happens to seem like a good idea at the moment – creative journaling! I LOVE it! There are no rules, any "oops" become a part of the process and page. I ended up collaging some painted music sheets on this page because I was working on this AND watching the Green Bay Packers whoop the Vikings and ended up misspelling a word. OOPs! Oh well, "happy accidents" are all a part of the fun! And yes, we still have our Christmas tree up. : )

How about some Creative Time Out?
Creative Journaling Classes
I am  very, very excited to announce that I will be teaching creative journaling starting this Tuesday evening, January 8th, from 6 pm - 8 pm at the Wausau Hobby Lobby. I have more information on my website including paypal buttons to make it super easy to register. Creative Journaling is a great outlet for simply being creative and playing with art supplies. You don't have to be an artist to have fun with journaling, and it's a great way for people who enjoy scrap booking and crafts to take their skills to another level. Come join me and see for yourself how fun it is! And bring your friends, too!

Playing with Paint Classes
In addition to creative journaling I will be teaching acrylic painting on the second Saturday of each month starting this Saturday, January 12th, from 10 am until 12:30 pm. This class is geared for people who have always wanted to try painting, haven't painted in a long time or just want to do something fun and creative and different. It's a great activity for a group of friends or family members. Click here for more information.

30 Paintings in 30 Days
Yes, I am still participating in Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge. And yes, it would be ideal to paint and post a painting every day, however...that keeps the challenge challenging (for me). So I will be catching up on days I have longer studio hours and featuring multiple paintings on my blog posts. Most of my UFO's are larger pieces (not sure what I was thinking there other than wanting to finish them and thinking they wouldn't take long, kind of like a home improvement project but more fun!) 

Also, thanks everyone for the great email, Facebook and blog comments. Your support is greatly appreciated and keeps me motivated to do my best. 

No comments: