Thursday, September 5, 2013

"Endless Summer" original oil painting by Nancy Laliberte 3/30

"Endless Summer"
© Nancy Laliberte
6" x 6" oil on panel
click here to view and purchase

This is painted from life from a still life set up in my studio using hydrangeas from my dear neighbor Sarah's garden. I did not realize that hydrangeas have a sweet, spicy scent. I love it! My challenge with this painting was all about mixing whites and grays. Loved that, too.

And the 30 paintings challenge continues! I started two more today, but did not finish them. (Insert ringing school bell here.) With the start of school this week, I am quickly realizing how important and precious it is to make the most of daytime studio time. (Actually, I already knew that, but let's just say that the awareness has been acutely heightened.) The day goes by pretty fast and then it's Mom-mode time. ; )

The Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum's 2013 Birds in Art show kicks off this evening. It runs until November 10th. If you can get to Wausau to see it, I highly recommend you do. It is top-notch every year.

_______


See more artwork at Nancy Laliberte Fine Art
Give yourself a Creative Time Out with a workshop or class
LIKE and follow the studio on Facebook

3 comments:

Diary of a Madd Weekly Painter said...

Nice job with the whites !

Cindy Greene said...

Just lovely.

Nancy Laliberte said...

DLPBR, thank you! I usually use bright colors, so this was a fun challenge. I thoroughly enjoyed this color-mixing opportunity.

Cindy, thank you! I appreciate it.