Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Feeling like "Hello Spring!" original painting by artist Nancy Laliberte

"Hello Spring"
© Nancy Laliberte
14" x 11" acrylic on canvas
click here for larger view/purchase
available

After painting for several weeks with oils, I switched back to using acrylics to finish up this piece which had been started earlier this year. Interestingly enough, I sensed a change in the way I handled the paint, and in my color mixing. I enjoy working in both oils and acrylics for different reasons. With oils, I find it easier to create lost and found edges; with acrylics, I love the versatility and easy cleanup. I feel with this piece, I was better able to bridge the gap in my handling of the two mediums. 

This painting is currently a part of my "From the Earth" exhibit at the Alexander House Center for Art & History in Port Edwards, WI. The gallery is open Tuesdays (today!), Thursdays, and Sundays from 1 - 4 pm. The show is up until January 5, 2015. Be sure to stop by if you are in the area.



And, from last Saturday's Playing with Paint class. What a wonderful and talented group of artists - Thank You, Jeanne, Sharon, Gloria, Sharon and Cheri! 

No comments: