Sunday, June 28, 2009

Plein Air Painting

"Field from Cina Road"
© 2009 Nancy Laliberte
6" x 8" Acrylic on panel
Where has June gone?! Sorry to have not posted in a while, but I have been traveling, soccer momming and painting. In other words, I just haven't been home!

A couple of weeks ago I was in Ken DeWaard's plein air intensive workshop in Virocqua, WI. We were up before the sun with easels set up in the field ready to catch the first rays of the morning light. It was spectacular. Ken is an excellent instructor--check out his workshop schedule on his web site. We had terrific group of eight artists and everyone was a joy to be with. There was a lot of laughter, sharing of ideas and a lot of painting! Thanks Becky for letting me stay at your studio house! This is a piece I did around 9 am the first morning of the workshop. I really wanted to work on greens, simplifying shapes and capturing the light. Oh, and put in brush mileage.


No comments: