Saturday, July 24, 2010

Water Colors

"Summer Reflections"
© Nancy Laliberte
9" x 12" Acrylic on panel
Available at the Center for Visual Arts, Wausau, WI
Available

My good friend Sharon Rotz has a book called, Your Artist's Brain by Carl Purcell. It talks about what you see vs. what you think you see and teaching your brain and hand to work together to paint/draw what you see. Sounds simple right? Try it. This is a plein air painting I did of Thunder Bay in Rhinelander, Wisconsin. My challenge was to paint the colors I actually saw in the water, and not what I thought they should be. It was great fun putting all of the spots of color together to get water colors.
Links:

1 comment:

Romulo Vela said...

Beautiful!!!, Nancy. The reflected light on water is very hard in a painting. Gracias Nancy!!! :-)