Thursday, August 12, 2010

From the South Shore of Lake Superior

"Water Play"
© Nancy Laliberte
8" x 6" Acrylic on panel
$95

I love the sound of moving water from the ocean, a brook or even a garden fountain. It is so peaceful and relaxing. While visiting and painting with my good friend, Val Berkely, I was captivated by the waves coming in and dancing on the rocks along the shore. My challenge was to capture the color changes in the water as it ebbed and flowed over the iron-rich rocks indigenous to Lake Superior.

4 comments:

Debra Keirce said...

Well, you can't eat it, but I can almost feel those waves. I'm imagining eating a cupcake at the edge of the great lake! Beautiful work.

Sharon Rotz said...

Fabulous use of color. I feel I am at your side feeling the cool breezes.

Valerie Berkely said...

Nancy, that was a fun day painting with you on the rocks at Lake Superior. For those who want to know: this view is from the "patio" - a natural flat(ish) expanse of shale next to the huge "house" outcroppings of basalt. Tee hee, we could dip our toes in the water! Nice painting!
Val

Nancy Laliberte said...

Deb--Since the rock is considered "the patio" by my friend Val and her family, it would definitely be a good place to eat a cupcake!

Sharon--Summer breezes from Lake Superior are always delightful.

Val--It was a VERY FUN day of painting! Thank you for inviting me!

Thanks everyone!