Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wausau Spring Exhibitour

"Plein Air Heliopsis"
© 2009 Nancy Laliberte
8" x 10" acrylic on panel
$150
These flowers grow in one of my mother's gardens and my challenge was to create a variety of greens, capture the "spirit" of the flowers, and simply work en plein air. It is part of a plein air flower series I have going. This painting will also be featured in Wausau's Spring Exhibitour Gallery Walk tomorrow night from 6-8 pm. My artist friend Val Berkely and I will be at Associated Bank (corner of Scott & 4th St). The theme of our show is "Double Blooms" and will feature all florals. Here in north central Wisconsin, winter is very, very long. We thought lots of bright floral paintings would be just the ticket to welcome spring! If you are in the Wausau area--please stop by and take in Exhibitour. It is a huge social event that always draws a large crowd, and you just may find that perfect flower painting to go above the sofa ; )

No comments: