Monday, February 22, 2010

Along the Creek


"Along the Creek"
© Nancy Laliberte
8" x 10" acrylic on panel

A landscape I recently finished that is inspired by a stream along Cty Hwy M south of Boulder Junction, WI. I am always up for a good challenge when it comes to mixing and painting greens.

Here is a handy chart I made that I keep nearby while painting. It shows different mixes to get different shades of green. I have since added transparent red oxide to my mix and I really like it. I also have been using a wash of transparent red oxide to tone my canvas when working with a primarily green or warm color scheme. I like the orangey-red brown peeking out here and there on my pieces.

Lately, I have been focused on and painting garden and floral images, some for my show in the fall and another for the CVA Spring Art Auction, "Just for the Art of It." I am almost finished with that one and will post it soon--can't wait for you to see it!

No comments: