Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sweet Stawberries

"Square Foot Garden ~ Strawberries"
© Nancy Laliberte
12" x 12" x 1-3/8"
Acrylic on gallery-wrapped canvas
Sold

The "model" for this piece was my brother Joe's strawberry bed. My family and I usually time a visit when it's picking time. We all love strawberries so we pick plenty for jam and freezing for a winter treat. I am not sure how successful strawberries would be in a square foot garden since they like to "wander." This is where artistic license trumps practicality. Now where is my smoothie?
Don't forget~tomorrow from 5 - 7 pm is the gallery gala house warming party for where we live at the Center for Visual Arts in Wausau. You'll be able to see the entire square foot garden series along with the rest of the show, and the collaborative painting Val, Chris and I have been working on all week!

1 comment:

Carol Horzempa said...

Nancy, love your "Square Foot Garden" series. Wish I could see the show but a little to far to drive.