Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Foot of Flowers

"Square Foot Garden ~ Nasturtiums"
© Nancy Laliberte
12" x 12" x 1-3/8"
Acrylic on gallery-wrapped canvas
sold

A classic edible flower for the garden – nasturtiums. I have not tried them myself, but I have heard that they have a "slightly sweet, strangely peppery flavor." So now I am curious, and am definitely planting them in my garden next year. I love the flowers and I love the curly tendrils – very organic and flowing. And I think the blossom would look lovely on a cupcake. ;-)

3 comments:

Crystal Cook said...

YES! That blossom would be gorgeous on a cupcake! Lovely painting Nancy, I love the soft feel it has. :)

Kathy Weber said...

A lovely painting! Nasturtiums have always been a favorite of mine.

Nancy Goldman said...

I just found your blog Nancy and I'm glad I did. Your paintings are beautiful. I was surprised to read that they are acrylics. They have such a wonderful softness that I equate more with oils. I certainly can't achieve this softness with acrylics. Now I'm going to have to try. You've raised the bar for me.