Thursday, April 14, 2011

From the Stash

"Gather 'Round"
© Nancy Laliberte
6" x 6" acrylic on panel
$100

In my studio I have a drawer where I stash my unfinished, don't know what to do next, need to think about it paintings. Every so often I rummage through the contents, pull a piece out and start piling on whatever leftover paint is on my palette. Today, I had several various yellow colors staring at me. I grabbed a palette knife and a couple of brushes and painted, scraped, smoothed, and painted some more. That is the beauty of acrylics--layer, layer, layer and stash no more!



2 comments:

Sharon Rotz said...

I love your use of yellow. It makes your landscapes my favorites.

Nancy Laliberte said...

Thanks Sharon. It has been a cheery color on these snowy spring days. Snowy spring--is that an oxymoron?