Monday, May 9, 2011

Just for the Art of It

"Unleashing My Inner Artist"
© Nancy Laliberte
12" x 12" x 1-3/8" acrylic on gallery-wrapped canvas
SOLD
Every spring the Center for the Visual Arts in Wausau has its annual "Just for the Art of It" fundraiser. For the past three years, Val Berkely and I have been co-chairs for the "Art by the Foot" grid. My painting donation for this year was a still life from my studio--some of my favorite art goodies. The winning bidder shared with me that he won an art award in ninth grade and was looking forward to getting back into art once he retired. I was very touched by his story. It is always exciting when your artwork inspires others.
  
Check out the CVA's Facebook page for more paintings that were a part of the auction. If you are bummed you missed out, mark your calendar for next year. It is usually the first Friday in May. 

3 comments:

Crystal Cook said...

I love the painting Nancy. THe reflected colors are just beautiful!! And that is a wonderful story from the winning bidder. Glad you shared it. :)

Nancy Laliberte said...

Thank you Crystal!

FasiArts said...

Nice work.