Sunday, August 7, 2011

Teaching and Learning

"Just One More"
© Nancy Laliberte
6" x 6" acrylic on panel

It's been another whirlwind week where I just returned from "Egypt." Not really, but this past week I taught a five-day art camp based on "Egypt: Past and Present" for kids ages 6-14 at the Center for the Visual Arts in Wausau. We had a great time learning about Egypt and creating artwork, musical instruments and jewelry to sell at our Egyptian Bazaar on the 400 Block in Wausau. Our camp concluded with writing and illustrating letters to Egyptian students similar in age, and meeting Mostafa, an Egyptian student living in Wausau and studying at the Technical College. It was a fun week with a great group of kids!

Now, my car is all packed and I am ready to head to Fish Creek, WI, for a workshop with Carol Marine at the Peninsula Art School. Woo Hoo! I will share when I return next weekend. 

4 comments:

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

Paul Jackson is teaching a workshop there right now. Have fun with Carol Marine, I'm sure that will be terrific! Your painting is lovely this week. Very summery and bright!

Jerry Stocks said...

This painting is wonderful in every way--especially love the colors. I team taught a group of 32 grammar school students a class we called "Pen and Ink with Watercolor" several weeks ago. The class was a week long, and I loved every minute of it. Glad your "Egypt" experience was so positive. Say hi to Carol Marine for me. I took her class in LA in Dec. She's an awesome teacher.

Marilyn R Miller said...

I can hardly wait to hear a report on the workshop you attended! I looked for you in the picture Ms. Marine posted, but couldn't find you....

Marilyn R Miller said...

I just looked again and was able to find you this time.... turquoise and blue top... Looks like a great group!