Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sun-kissed Tulips, original oil painting by Nancy Laliberte

"Sun-kissed Tulips"
© Nancy Laliberte
6" x 6" oil on museum quality panel
sold

My second painting for artist Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge. Is it ok for me to say that I LOVE this painting? I started it on the last day of my workshop with the amazing Dreama Tolle Perry this past November and then added a few more touches to finish it. I love the glow of the transparent oils and the contrast of opaque paints. Sweet! I am still getting used to the nuances of oil paints versus acrylic paints, but appreciate the uniqueness each medium has to offer. 

1 comment:

Sharon Rotz said...

This painting is exquisite in the photo. You can almost feel the tulips. How much better it must be to view the original piece. Keep up the excellent work.