Wednesday, March 26, 2014

"For Ashley and Dan" original acrylic painting by Nancy Laliberte

 For Ashley and Dan
© Nancy Laliberte
9" x 12" acrylic
sold
As mentioned in my post from Monday, last summer I had the opportunity to work with a wonderful client who commissioned several paintings for wedding gifts. This piece was created for an outdoorsy and adventurous couple with ties to Door County, WI. My client provided me with several photos to use as inspiration. Those images, combined with some of my own from Door County, were used to create the final piece. Their names and wedding date were subtly worked into the painting that only became noticeable upon a closer view--kind of like a happy surprise for the couple. Totally my client's idea which I think was awesome!

the names of the groom and bride written in the sand (so romantic!)

 their wedding date in the ripples of the water (even more romantic!) 

There is always a wonderful story behind commissions and the people involved. I loved being a part of this gift, and by the end, I felt a connection with the newlyweds even though we had never met. That is one of the special things I enjoy about painting and the opportunity to share my art with others. 

______________________________

See more work at www.nancylaliberte.com
Connect and follow along with the studio on 
Facebook
Looking for a Creative Time Out? Join me for a 
class or workshop 

2 comments:

Ginny Stiles said...

What a darling idea...and am so pleased to see that you work in acrylic sometimes. I fumble around in it too but have been doing mostly collage and semi-abstract stuff lately ala Jane Davies. Have you seen her work? Her blog is on my favorite now too. She has a ton of free videos online that is so wonderful and I bought her DVD. I am even doing some Gelli plate mono-prints for creative journaling paper!!!
Deli paper...the whole 9 yards. Refreshing side trip in art.

Nancy Laliberte said...

Thank you for your comments, Ginny. I, too, enjoy "side trips" when it comes to trying new things in art making. :)