Monday, March 24, 2014

"A New Day" original acrylic painting by Nancy Laliberte

 "A New Day"
[ for Megan and Drew ]
© Nancy Laiberte
14" x 11"
acrylic
sold
I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to paint and share my art with others. Even better is when I get to share my love of art through painting commissions for wedding gifts. Definitely feeling the LOVE with those! Last summer I had the opportunity to work with an awesome client who had several family weddings on her calendar. As an art fan and collector, she wanted to give these special people in her life a unique and personal gift - a piece of original art. She shared with me her ideas of what she had in mind and allowed me to take them and paint away. 

Using the landscape motif, this painting conveys the newlywed's love of the outdoors and sense of adventure. A personal touch was added by working in the couple's first names, last name, and wedding date with brushstrokes of paint in a subtle way that becomes visible upon closer viewing of the painting. Credit for that goes to my client. I told you she is awesome!

 the first names of the groom and bride located in the foreground pine trees

  their last name in the tree line at the top of the rocks

and their wedding date is in the foreground shadow area of the rocks

I thoroughly enjoyed working on this commission, and always welcome projects like this. If you are looking for a special piece of artwork for a gift or for yourself, just shoot me an email lalibertefineart@gmail.com - to get started.

take care,
Nancy
____________________________

See more work at www.nancylaliberte.com
Connect and follow along with the studio on 
Facebook
Looking for a Creative Time Out? Join me for a 
class or workshop 

2 comments:

Gail M. Jaeger said...

Hi Nancy,
You have so much talent…enjoyed your paintings for the weddings.
Gail Jaeger

Nancy Laliberte said...

Thank you so much for your kind words, Gail. It was a fun and creative project! I loved painting them all.