Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

"Pumpkin Worthy"
© Nancy Laliberte
6" x 8" oil on panel
Sold

It wouldn't be Halloween without pumpkins. This time of year, I crave pumpkin pie, apple pie and all things cinnamon and spice. And coffee. And chocolate. Wait, those last two are year-round cravings. Oh well.



And continuing in the spirit of Halloween, over the weekend my family and a friend carved up some Halloween fun. Three jack-o-lanterns now grace our front steps. We had a good time and my youngest is pretty stoked about heading out this evening for some trick-or-treating fun. He and a buddy are going as the Kratt brothers from the PBS show, "Wild Kratts."   

3 comments:

Sharon Rotz said...

In addition to being a fine painter, you and your family are fantastic pumpkin artists.

Crystal Cook said...

LOVE the painting Nancy! Those purples really make it come alive. :) And love the jack o lanterns too. So fun. I would love to see a Wild Kratts costume, hope your boy had fun. My son loves that show too.

mary maxam said...

Super pumpkins,and you've named all my fav cravings too! Looks like the art talent runs in the family with all these excellent carvings :)