Friday, June 8, 2012

Pear Day Red and The Big Reveal

 "Pear Day Red"
© Nancy Laliberte
4" x 4" x 1-3/8" acrylic on gallery-wrapped canvas
Sold

Another addition to the Petite Peinture series, Pear Day Red. I have found these to be the perfect solution to fit in some daily painting on a time-challenged day. While to some it may be a green pear with a red-orange background, for me it is a chance to work from life, experiment with brushwork, edges, paint, surface application, lighting, shadows, color, and more. There is always more than what meets the eye—yes?!

The Big Reveal
Pictured: Sherri Holmes and Jennifer Smith, both from Aspirus Wausau Hospital; Ann Saris of the Wausau YWCA, myself, and Dr. Julie Luks also from Aspirus Wausau Hospital.

Recently, I presented the two collages I made to the YWCA Wausau and to Aspirus Women's Health of Aspirus Wausau Hospital. It was very exciting to see their responses. Don't you love the power of art? I know I do!  

Up close and personal--which is what these collages were all about. You can read more about them here and here.

No comments: